Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oh No Cold Today

I got out of bed this morning at 7 o'clock. I got dressed in my gym cloths, grab my towel and started the two block journey to the health club. As I rounded the corner of my street I felt a strange thing. Something I haven't experienced for the past three and a bit weeks. A cool breeze, blowing up from central Australia.

At first it was confronting, then comforting.

While I was sweating it out on the treadmill I heard on the radio that for the first time this year the mercury had dipped below 20 degrees. In fact it had got down to a chilly 19 degrees, but the expected top for today was still 32.

After my work out as I walked back to my flat I thought to myself about what here is the colder weather and smiled. This is about as hot as it gets in Newcastle in the middle of summer.

Tonight I'm sitting in my room and for the first time ever without my ceiling. The current outside temprature is 23 degrees. I'm not going to buy a fleecy track suit any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment