Monday, May 25, 2009

I told you there were lizards!


At last, today was a good day for lizards. I went back to my lunch spot near the Supreme Court today. I haven't had lunch there for about a week. I had been exploring other lunch time options. None of which have turned out to be as fine a place to digest the food and the first half of the day.
I sat there in the sun thinking about how lucky I was to be in tropical weather when the leaf litter started to rustle. Within a few seconds a little lizard sprang out onto the pavement in front of me. Then another one. The reptiles circled one another for a bit until one jumped on the other and they wrestled for a few minutes before they disappeared under more of the fallen leaves. They didn't stop wrestling as their rustling continued until I had eaten my last bite and headed to the office, to wrestle the rest of the days tasks.

1 comment:

  1. How cute are they? I'm not sure if they are the ones, but geckos seem to be everywhere and they make the most outrageous sound!

    ReplyDelete