Saturday, May 16, 2009

Easterly Run

Had a great start to the weekend. For the first time since I've been in the Top End I was able to sleep in till the sun was well and truly up. Then I pottered around the flat, not exciting reading but it was great.







Don't get me wrong...I was active today and I saw some of the beautiful scenery at the same time. Mel from work (and also from http://meltriestorun.blogspot.com/) and I went for a six km jog from Fannie Bay to East Point along the water-side track. As we were jogging the sun was setting over the water and the temperature was cooling off. The coastline is a jagged row of cliffs that glow an amazing pink at twilight.





The jog reminded me how much I enjoy get outdoors away from the treadmill and the elliptical trainer








For a reward after the hard work we went to the flicks to catch the movie Samson and Delia. Its the story of two young people from a central Australian community. It was a very confronting, but worthwhile film to see. I thought the ending had a sense of positivity to it, but you should see it and let me know what you think.

I have committed to another run with Mel next week. This time 8km!

No comments:

Post a Comment