Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Getting used to the sunshine





Darwin is beginning to feel like home. I've been having some pretty good days. The sun being so bright as I walk to work in the morning makes the walk energising. The only thing is that you don't feel like sitting inside a sub Arctic air conditioned office when the weather is perfect. I've been making sure I pop out at lunch for at least 20 minutes to thaw out and soak in some of the day.



(photo above: Another glorious Darwin dry season day over the ruins of Palmerston Town Hall which was a casualty of Cyclone Tracy)


I had running club after work today, if my dodgy calculations are right I think I ran 3km in 11 minutes. I'm really enjoying how much I'm getting into running here although sometimes the temperature is a bit hot for it, but that's not enough to complain about.

2 comments: